Nebraska Revised Statute 77-2769
Income tax; estimated tax; payment; date.
(1) Every resident and nonresident individual, corporation, and other entity taxed as a corporation under the Internal Revenue Code shall pay the estimated tax for the taxable year, in such form as the Tax Commissioner may prescribe, except that (a) no payment of estimated tax is required by an individual if the estimated tax can reasonably be expected to be less than five hundred dollars and (b) no payment of estimated tax is required by a corporation or other entity taxed as a corporation under the Internal Revenue Code if the estimated tax can reasonably be expected to be less than four hundred dollars.
(2)(a) Estimated tax for an individual shall mean the amount which the individual estimates to be his or her income tax under sections 77-2714 to 77-27,135 for the taxable year less the amount which he or she estimates to be the sum of any credits allowable.
(b) Estimated tax for a corporation or other entity taxed as a corporation under the Internal Revenue Code shall mean the amount which the corporation or business estimates to be its income tax under sections 77-2714 to 77-27,135 for the taxable year less the amount which is estimated to be the sum of any credits allowable.
(3) If they are eligible to do so for federal tax purposes, a husband and wife may make a joint payment of estimated tax as if they were one taxpayer, in which case the liability with respect to the estimated tax shall be joint and several. If a joint payment is made but husband and wife elect to determine their taxes separately, the estimated tax for such year may be treated as the estimated tax of either husband or wife, or may be divided between them, as they may elect.
(4) The payment of estimated tax for an individual under a disability shall be made and filed in the manner provided in subsection (2) of section 77-2763 for an income tax return.
(5) The payment of estimated tax shall be paid on or before the dates prescribed by the laws of the United States for payment of estimated federal income tax, except that the Tax Commissioner, by rule and regulation, may establish other dates for payment of estimated tax.
(6) The application of this section to taxable years of less than twelve months shall be in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Tax Commissioner.
- Laws 1967, c. 487, § 69, p. 1600;
- Laws 1973, LB 526, § 5;
- Laws 1983, LB 363, § 4;
- Laws 1984, LB 962, § 24;
- Laws 1985, LB 344, § 5;
- Laws 1985, LB 273, § 60;
- Laws 2008, LB915, § 4.