Nebraska Revised Statute 60-392
Renewal of registration; license plates; validation decals; registration period; expiration.
(1) Except as provided otherwise in this section, registration may be renewed annually in a manner designated by the department and upon payment of the same fee as provided for the original registration. On making an application for renewal, the registration certificate for the preceding registration period or renewal notice or other evidence designated by the department shall be presented with the application. A person may renew an annual registration up to thirty days prior to the date of expiration.
(2) The certificate of registration and license plates issued by the department shall be valid during the registration period for which they are issued, and when validation decals issued pursuant to section 60-3,101 have been affixed to the license plates, the plates shall also be valid for the registration period designated by such validation decals. If a person renews an annual registration up to thirty days prior to the date of expiration, the registration shall be valid for such time period as well.
(3) The registration period for motor vehicles and trailers required to be registered as provided in section 60-362 shall expire on the first day of the month one year from the month of issuance, and renewal shall become due on such day and shall become delinquent on the first day of the following month.
(4) Subsections (1) through (3) of this section do not apply to dealer's license plates, repossession plates, and transporter plates as provided in sections 60-373, 60-375, 60-378, and 60-379, which plates shall be issued for a calendar year.
(5) The registration period for apportioned vehicles as provided in section 60-3,198 shall be renewed monthly, quarterly, or annually at the discretion of the director. Such registration period expires on the last day of the registration period and renewal is delinquent on the first day of the second full month following such expiration date. The department may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to establish a staggered registration system for apportioned vehicles registered pursuant to section 60-3,198, including the collection of eighteen or fewer months of registration fees.