(1) Registration may be renewed annually in a manner designated by the department and upon payment of the same fee as provided for the original registration. On making an application for renewal, the registration certificate for the preceding registration period or renewal notice or other evidence designated by the department shall be presented with the application. A person may renew his or her annual registration up to thirty days prior to the date of expiration.
(2) The certificate of registration and license plates issued by the department shall be valid during the registration period for which they are issued, and when validation decals issued pursuant to section 60-3,101 have been affixed to the license plates, the plates shall also be valid for the registration period designated by such validation decals. If a person renews his or her annual registration up to thirty days prior to the date of expiration, the registration shall be valid for such time period as well.
(3) The registration period for motor vehicles and trailers required to be registered as provided in section 60-362 shall expire on the first day of the month one year from the month of issuance, and renewal shall become due on such day and shall become delinquent on the first day of the following month.
(4) Subsections (1) through (3) of this section do not apply to dealer's license plates, repossession plates, and transporter plates as provided in sections 60-373, 60-375, 60-378, and 60-379, which plates shall be issued for a calendar year.
(5) The registration period for apportioned vehicles as provided in section 60-3,198 shall expire December 31 of each year and shall become delinquent February 1 of the following year.