Nebraska Revised Statute 54-2956
Animal Health and Disease Control Act and Exotic Animal Auction or Exchange Venue Act; prohibited acts.
It shall be unlawful for any person to violate the Animal Health and Disease Control Act and the Exotic Animal Auction or Exchange Venue Act or any rule or regulation adopted and promulgated pursuant to such acts. It is a violation for any person to:
(1) Deny access to any officer, agent, employee, or appointee of the department or offer any resistance to, thwart, or hinder such persons by misrepresentation or concealment;
(2) Violate a controlled movement order or quarantine or remove an animal which has been placed under a controlled movement order or quarantine until such controlled movement order or quarantine is released by the State Veterinarian;
(3) Fail to pay any administrative fine levied pursuant to section 54-2953;
(4) Interfere in any way with or obstruct an officer, agent, employee, or appointee of the department from entering any premises to carry out his or her duties under the Animal Health and Disease Control Act, the Exotic Animal Auction or Exchange Venue Act, or any rules or regulations promulgated under such acts, or to interfere in any way with the department in the performance of its duties;
(5) If an owner or a custodian of an affected animal, refuse to perform program disease activities, refuse to perform any other duty required by the State Veterinarian under the Animal Health and Disease Control Act, or refuse to dispose of such affected animal if ordered to do so by the State Veterinarian;
(6) Knowingly harbor, sell, or otherwise dispose of any affected animal or any part thereof except as provided by the Animal Health and Disease Control Act and the rules and regulations adopted and promulgated by the department under the act;
(7) Except by permit issued by the department, bring, cause to be brought, or aid in bringing into this state any animal which he or she knows to be infected with, exposed to, or suspected of being exposed to any dangerous disease, or which he or she knows has originated from a quarantined area, herd, or flock;
(8) Violate a disease control requirement established through livestock herd agreements or health plans, compliance agreements, or controlled feedlot agreements; or
- Exotic Animal Auction or Exchange Venue Act, see section 54-7,105.