Nebraska Revised Statute 38-1216
In addition to any other responsibilities prescribed by the Emergency Medical Services Practice Act, the board shall:
(1) Promote the dissemination of public information and education programs to inform the public about out-of-hospital emergency medical care and other out-of-hospital medical information, including appropriate methods of medical self-help, first aid, and the availability of out-of-hospital emergency medical services training programs in the state;
(2) Provide for the collection of information for evaluation of the availability and quality of out-of-hospital emergency medical care, evaluate the availability and quality of out-of-hospital emergency medical care, and serve as a focal point for discussion of the provision of out-of-hospital emergency medical care;
(3) Establish model procedures for patient management in out-of-hospital medical emergencies that do not limit the authority of law enforcement and fire protection personnel to manage the scene during an out-of-hospital medical emergency;
(4) Not less than once each five years, undertake a review and evaluation of the act and its implementation together with a review of the out-of-hospital emergency medical care needs of the citizens of the State of Nebraska and submit electronically a report to the Legislature with any recommendations which it may have; and
(5) Identify communication needs of emergency medical services and make recommendations for development of a communications plan for a communications network for out-of-hospital emergency care providers and emergency medical services.