Nebraska Revised Statute 10-134
(1) Bond shall mean any bonds, notes, interim certificates, evidences of bond ownership, bond anticipation notes, warrants, or other evidence of indebtedness;
(2) Bond ordinance shall mean the ordinance or resolution adopted by the governing body of an issuer authorizing an issue of bonds and shall include any indenture or similar instrument executed by the issuer in connection with a bond issue;
(3) Fully registered bond shall mean a bond, without interest coupons, as to which the principal and interest are payable to the person shown on the records of the registrar as the owner of the bond as of each interest or principal record payment date designated by the issue in the bond ordinance;
(4) Governing body shall mean the council, board, or other legislative body having charge of the governance of the issuer;
(5) Issuer shall mean any county, city, village, school district, sanitary and improvement district, fire protection district, public corporation, or any other governmental body or political subdivision of the State of Nebraska; and
(6) Paying agent or registrar shall mean: (a) The treasurer or finance officer of the issuer; (b) any national or state bank having trust powers or any trust company; (c) any municipal securities dealer registered under Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, except that such a dealer may act as a paying agent or registrar only with respect to warrants or an issue of bonds maturing within five years from the date of issuance; or (d) the county treasurer of the county in which the issuer is located if such treasurer shall agree to perform such duty. The paying agent and registrar for a bond issue may be, but are not required to be, the same person or entity.
- Laws 1983, LB 421, § 1.