Nebraska Revised Statute 84-1211
Records; confidential; protection.
(1) When an essential record is required by law to be treated in a confidential manner, the administrator, in effectuating the purposes of the Records Management Act, shall protect its confidential nature, as well as that of any preservation duplicate or other copy thereof. Any hospital or medical record submitted to the administrator for microfilming or similar processing shall be made accessible in a manner consistent with the access permitted similar records under sections 71-961 and 83-109.
(2) Nothing in the Records Management Act shall be construed to affect the laws and regulations dealing with the dissemination, security, and privacy of criminal history information under the Security, Privacy, and Dissemination of Criminal History Information Act.
- Laws 1961, c. 455, § 11, p. 1391;
- Laws 1969, c. 841, § 8, p. 3174;
- Laws 1979, LB 559, § 5;
- Laws 2004, LB 1083, § 143.
- Security, Privacy, and Dissemination of Criminal History Information Act, see section 29-3501.