Nebraska Revised Statute 81-542
For purposes of the Nebraska Natural Gas Pipeline Safety Act of 1969, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) The Natural Gas Pipeline Safety Act of 1968 of the United States shall mean Public Law 90-481, 82 Stat. 720, 90th Congress, S. 1166, enacted August 12, 1968;
(2) State Fire Marshal shall mean the officer appointed pursuant to section 81-501.01;
(3) Person shall mean any individual, firm, joint venture, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, municipality, cooperative association, or joint-stock association, and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee, or personal representative thereof;
(4) Gas shall mean natural gas, flammable gas, or gas which is toxic or corrosive and which is transported in a gaseous form and not in a liquid form;
(5) Transportation of gas shall mean the gathering, transmission, or distribution of gas by pipeline or its storage, except that it shall not include any such transportation of gas which is subject to the jurisdiction of the Federal Power Commission under the Natural Gas Act of the United States or the Interstate Commerce Commission under the Interstate Commerce Act or the gathering of gas in those rural locations which lie outside the limits of any incorporated or unincorporated city, village, or any other designated residential or commercial area such as a subdivision, a business or shopping center, a community development, or any similar populated area which the State Fire Marshal may define as a nonrural area; and
(6) Pipeline facilities shall include, without limitation, new and existing pipe rights-of-way and any equipment facility or building used in the transportation of gas or the treatment of gas during the course of transportation but rights-of-way as used in the Nebraska Natural Gas Pipeline Safety Act of 1969 does not authorize the State Fire Marshal to prescribe the location or routing of any pipeline facility. Pipeline facilities shall not include any facilities subject to the jurisdiction of the Federal Power Commission under the Natural Gas Act of the United States or the Interstate Commerce Commission under the Interstate Commerce Act.
- Laws 1969, c. 763, § 1, p. 2884;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 527.