Nebraska Revised Statute 81-1301
(1) Promote economy and efficiency in state government through the selection, employment, and effective utilization of qualified persons in all departments and agencies of the state;
(2) Provide equal opportunity to qualified persons for employment on the basis of ability;
(3) Avoid salary competition among government departments and agencies to secure or retain the services of equally qualified employees for similar positions in the state's employ;
(4) Retain maximum authority and responsibility at the department and agency level for decisions to select or to terminate employees and for other facets of personnel management as may be consistent with the rulemaking authority of the personnel division for the development of uniform state personnel administrative procedures;
(5) Establish the necessary procedures to assure reasonably uniform and consistent personnel practices and provide a reliable basis for personnel cost projections and staffing patterns; and
(6) Establish uniform control over the description of and compensation for positions in all departments and agencies so that position titles and duties have similar meanings throughout the state service and provide equal pay for persons holding similar positions in the state's service.
- Laws 1967, c. 573, § 1, p. 1885;
- Laws 1969, c. 802, § 3, p. 3021;
- Laws 1992, Third Spec. Sess., LB 14, § 10.