Nebraska Revised Statute 72-816

Chapter 72


Vacant Building and Excess Land Cash Fund; created; use; investment; restrictions.

(1) The Vacant Building and Excess Land Cash Fund is created. The fund shall consist of proceeds credited to the fund pursuant to sections 72-815 and 90-268. Except as provided in sections 90-268 and 90-269, the fund shall be used to pay for the maintenance of vacant state buildings and excess state land and for expenses related to the disposal of state buildings and land referred to the Department of Administrative Services by the committee pursuant to sections 72-811 to 72-818. The fund shall be administered by the state building division of the Department of Administrative Services. Any money in the fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.

Funds may be transferred from the Vacant Building and Excess Land Cash Fund to the General Fund at the direction of the Legislature.

(2) If there are insufficient funds in the fund to enable the division to fully implement the orders of the committee issued pursuant to sections 72-811 to 72-818, the division shall implement them in the order which most efficiently meets the purposes of such sections.

(3) Funds appropriated to the Task Force for Building Renewal shall not be used to carry out any of the purposes of such sections (a) unless the building would otherwise qualify for the use of such funds pursuant to the Deferred Building Renewal Act and (b) except for any expenses incurred by the administrator of the Task Force for Building Renewal in fulfilling his or her duties under such sections.


Cross References

  • Deferred Building Renewal Act, see section 81-190.
  • Nebraska Capital Expansion Act, see section 72-1269.
  • Nebraska State Funds Investment Act, see section 72-1260.