Nebraska Revised Statute 71-7705
Chapter 71 Section 7705
Certificate of public advantage; decision; execute cooperative agreement; when; contest of decision; appeal.
(1) The department shall grant or deny an application for a certificate of public advantage within ninety days after the date of filing of the application, not including days the application is deemed to be incomplete. The decision shall be in writing and set forth the basis for the decision. The department shall furnish a copy of the decision to the applicants, the Attorney General, and any intervenor.
(2) If the department grants the application, the parties shall have forty-five days after the date of receipt of the department's decision to submit an executed written copy of the cooperative agreement which shall be in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the letter of intent and the application. The department shall review the executed written copy of the cooperative agreement and, if it is in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the letter of intent and the application, the department shall issue a certificate of public advantage for the cooperative agreement.
(3) If the applicants desire to contest the denial or the intervenors desire to contest the granting of an application, they shall, within ten days after receipt of the notice of denial or within ten days after the granting of an application, send a written request to the department for a hearing under sections 84-913 and 84-915.
(4) A denial or granting by the department of an application or a termination of a certificate of public advantage under section 71-7707 may be appealed. The appeal shall be in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Laws 1994, LB 1210, § 181;
- Laws 1994, LB 1223, § 115.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.