Nebraska Revised Statute 45-350
License; denial of renewal; suspension; revocation; appeal.
(1) Renewal of a license originally granted under the Nebraska Installment Sales Act may be denied or a license may be suspended or revoked by the director on the following grounds: (a) Material misstatement in the application for license; (b) willful failure to comply with any provision of the Nebraska Installment Sales Act relating to installment contracts; (c) defrauding any buyer to the buyer's damage; or (d) fraudulent misrepresentation, circumvention, or concealment by the licensee through whatever subterfuge or device of any of the material particulars or the nature thereof required to be stated or furnished to the buyer under the Nebraska Installment Sales Act.
(2) If a licensee is a partnership, limited liability company, association, or corporation, it shall be sufficient cause for the suspension or revocation of a license that any officer, director, or trustee of a licensed association or corporation or any member of a licensed partnership or limited liability company has so acted or failed to act as would be cause for suspending or revoking a license to such party as an individual.
(3) No license shall be denied, suspended, or revoked except after hearing in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act. The director shall give the licensee at least ten days' written notice, in the form of an order to show cause, of the time and place of such hearing by either registered or certified mail addressed to the principal place of business in this state of such licensee. Such notice shall contain the grounds of complaint against the licensee. Any order suspending or revoking such license shall recite the grounds upon which the same is based. The order shall be entered upon the records of the director and shall not be effective until after thirty days' written notice thereof given after such entry forwarded by either registered or certified mail to the licensee at such principal place of business.
(4) Revocation, suspension, cancellation, expiration, or surrender of any license shall not impair or affect the obligation of any lawful installment contract acquired previously thereto by the licensee.
(5) Revocation, suspension, cancellation, expiration, or surrender of any license shall not affect civil or criminal liability for acts committed before the revocation, suspension, cancellation, expiration, or surrender or affect liability for any fines which may be levied against the licensee or any of its officers, directors, shareholders, partners, or members pursuant to the Nebraska Installment Sales Act for acts committed before the revocation, suspension, cancellation, expiration, or surrender.
(6) Any person, licensee, or applicant considering himself or herself aggrieved by an order of the director entered under the provisions of this section may appeal the order. The appeal shall be in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.