Nebraska Revised Statute 42-822

Chapter 42


Divorce, annulment, or separate maintenance; petition; minor child; transfer to conciliation court.

Whenever any action for divorce, annulment of marriage, or separate maintenance is filed and it appears to the court at any time during the pendency of the action that there is any minor child of the spouses or of either of them whose welfare may be adversely affected by the dissolution or annulment of the marriage or the disruption of the household and that there appears to be some reasonable possibility of a reconciliation being effected, the case may be transferred to the conciliation court for proceedings for reconciliation of the spouses or amicable settlement of issues in controversy, in accordance with the Conciliation Court Law.