Nebraska Revised Statute 39-2215.01
Highway Restoration and Improvement Bond Fund; created; use; investment.
(1) There is hereby created in the state treasury a fund to be known as the Highway Restoration and Improvement Bond Fund.
(2) If bonds are issued pursuant to subsection (2) of section 39-2223, all motor vehicle fuel taxes, diesel fuel taxes, compressed fuel taxes, and alternative fuel fees related to highway use, motor vehicle registration fees, and other highway-user taxes which are retained by the state and allocated to the bond fund from the Highway Trust Fund shall be hereby irrevocably pledged for the terms of the bonds issued after July 1, 1988, to the payment of the principal, interest, and redemption premium, if any, of such bonds as they mature and become due at maturity or prior redemption and for any reserves therefor and shall, as received by the State Treasurer, be deposited directly in the bond fund for such purpose. Of the money in the bond fund not required for such purpose, such remaining money may be used for the purchase for retirement of the bonds in the open market or for any other lawful purpose related to the issuance of bonds, and the balance, if any, shall be transferred monthly to the Highway Cash Fund for such use as may be provided by law.
(3) The State Treasurer shall disburse the money in the bond fund as directed by resolution of the commission. All disbursements from the bond fund shall be made upon warrants drawn by the Director of Administrative Services. Any money in the bond fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.
- Laws 1988, LB 632, § 10;
- Laws 1990, LB 602, § 2;
- Laws 1994, LB 1066, § 26;
- Laws 1994, LB 1160, § 50;
- Laws 1995, LB 182, § 23;
- Laws 2011, LB289, § 4.