Nebraska Revised Statute 39-206
Informational signs; erection; conditions; fee.
(1) No state funds shall be used for the erection, maintenance, or servicing of such signs;
(2) Such signs shall be erected in accordance with federal standards and the rules and regulations adopted and promulgated by the Department of Transportation;
(3) Such signs may be erected by the department or by a contractor selected through the competitive bidding process; and
(4) The department shall charge an annual fee in an amount equal to the fair market rental value of the sign site and any other cost to the state associated with the erection, maintenance, or servicing of specific information sign panels. If such sign is erected by a contractor, the annual fee shall be limited to the fair market rental value of the sign site.
- Laws 1987, LB 741, § 3;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-634.03;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 24;
- Laws 2017, LB339, § 89.