Nebraska Revised Statute 38-707
Certified registered nurse anesthetist; license; requirements.
(1) An applicant for a license under the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practice Act to practice as a certified registered nurse anesthetist shall:
(a) Hold a license as a registered nurse in the State of Nebraska or have the authority based on the Nurse Licensure Compact to practice as a registered nurse in Nebraska;
(b) Submit evidence of successful completion of a course of study in anesthesia in a school of nurse anesthesia accredited or approved by or under the auspices of the department or the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia and Educational Programs; and
(c) Submit evidence of current certification by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists.
(2) If more than five years have elapsed since the applicant completed the nurse anesthetist program or since the applicant has practiced as a nurse anesthetist, he or she shall meet the requirements of subsection (1) of this section and shall provide evidence of continuing competency as determined by the board, including, but not limited to, a reentry program, supervised practice, examination, or one or more of the continuing competency activities listed in section 38-145.
- Laws 1981, LB 379, § 27;
- Laws 1984, LB 724, § 29;
- Laws 1992, LB 1019, § 74;
- Laws 1996, LB 414, § 44;
- Laws 1997, LB 752, § 174;
- Laws 1999, LB 828, § 155;
- Laws 2002, LB 1021, § 61;
- Laws 2003, LB 242, § 105;
- Laws 2005, LB 256, § 78;
- R.S.Supp.,2006, § 71-1730;
- Laws 2007, LB185, § 15;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 237.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practice Act, see section 38-201.
- Credentialing, general requirements and issuance procedures, see section 38-121 et seq.
- Nurse Licensure Compact, see sections 71-1795 to 71-1795.02.