Nebraska Revised Statute 38-519
Audiology or speech-language pathology assistant; registration; requirements.
(1) Upon application and payment of the registration fee, the department shall register to practice as an audiology or speech-language pathology assistant any person who:
(a)(i) Holds a bachelor's degree or its equivalent in communication disorders, (ii) holds an associate degree or its equivalent in communication disorders from an accredited training program, or (iii) between the period of June 1, 2005, and June 1, 2007, was registered as and practiced as a communication assistant for at least thirty hours per week for a minimum of nine months per year;
(b) Has successfully completed all required training pursuant to sections 38-521 and 38-522 and any inservice training required pursuant to section 38-526; and
(c) Has demonstrated ability to reliably maintain records and provide treatment under the supervision of a licensed audiologist or speech-language pathologist.
(2) Such registration shall be valid for one year from the date of issuance.
- Laws 1985, LB 129, § 23;
- Laws 1988, LB 1100, § 69;
- Laws 2002, LB 1021, § 27;
- Laws 2003, LB 242, § 60;
- R.S.1943, (2003), § 71-1,195.01;
- Laws 2007, LB247, § 29;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 204.
- Credentialing, general requirements and issuance procedures, see section 38-121 et seq.