Nebraska Revised Statute 38-521
Audiology or speech-language pathology assistant; initial training.
Initial training for an audiology or speech-language pathology assistant shall consist of graduation from an accredited program with a focus on communication disorders which shall include:
(1) An overview of speech, language, and dysphagia and the practice of audiology and speech-language pathology;
(2) Ethical and legal responsibilities;
(3) Normal language, speech, and hearing functions and swallowing physiology;
(4) Observing and recording patient progress;
(5) Behavior management and modification; and
(6) Record keeping.