Nebraska Revised Statute 38-319

Chapter 38


Reciprocity; military spouse; temporary license.

The department, with the recommendation of the board, may issue a license based on licensure in another jurisdiction to an individual who (1) meets the requirements of the Alcohol and Drug Counseling Practice Act, (2) meets substantially equivalent requirements as determined by the department, with the recommendation of the board, or (3) holds a license or certification that is current in another jurisdiction that authorizes the applicant to provide alcohol and drug counseling, has at least two hundred seventy hours of alcohol and drug counseling education, has at least three years of full-time alcohol and drug counseling practice following initial licensure or certification in the other jurisdiction, and has passed an alcohol and drug counseling examination. An applicant who is a military spouse may apply for a temporary license as provided in section 38-129.01.