Nebraska Revised Statute 38-2317
Chapter 38 Section 2317
Nurse practitioner; licensure; requirements.
(1) An applicant for licensure under the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practice Act to practice as a nurse practitioner shall have:
(a) A license as a registered nurse in the State of Nebraska or the authority based upon the Nurse Licensure Compact to practice as a registered nurse in Nebraska;
(b) Evidence of having successfully completed a graduate-level program in the clinical specialty area of nurse practitioner practice, which program is accredited by a national accrediting body;
(c) Proof of having passed an examination pertaining to the specific nurse practitioner role in nursing adopted or approved by the board with the approval of the department. Such examination may include any recognized national credentialing examination for nurse practitioners conducted by an approved certifying body which administers an approved certification program; and
(d) Evidence of completion of two thousand hours of practice as a nurse practitioner which have been completed under a transition-to-practice agreement, under a collaborative agreement, under an integrated practice agreement, through independent practice, or under any combination of such agreements and practice, as allowed in this state or another state.
(2) If more than five years have elapsed since the completion of the nurse practitioner program or since the applicant has practiced in the specific nurse practitioner role, the applicant shall meet the requirements in subsection (1) of this section and provide evidence of continuing competency as required by the board.
- Laws 1981, LB 379, § 19;
- Laws 1984, LB 724, § 20;
- Laws 1986, LB 926, § 55;
- Laws 1993, LB 536, § 70;
- Laws 1996, LB 414, § 30;
- Laws 1997, LB 752, § 173;
- Laws 2000, LB 1115, § 46;
- Laws 2002, LB 1021, § 57;
- Laws 2003, LB 242, § 101;
- Laws 2005, LB 256, § 59;
- R.S.Supp.,2006, § 71-1722;
- Laws 2007, LB185, § 6;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 809;
- Laws 2017, LB88, § 78.
- Operative Date: April 26, 2017