Nebraska Revised Statute 38-150
Chapter 38 Section 150
Application for reinstatement of credential for profession without board; department; procedure; hearing; when allowed; appeal.
(1) Upon receipt of an application for reinstatement of a credential in a profession that does not have a board, the application shall be considered by the department.
(2) The department may:
(a) Conduct an investigation to determine if the applicant has committed acts or offenses prohibited by section 38-178;
(b) Require the applicant to submit to a complete diagnostic examination by one or more physicians or other qualified professionals appointed by the department, the applicant being free also to consult a physician or physicians or other professionals of his or her own choice for an evaluation or diagnostic examination and to make available a report or reports thereof to the department;
(c) Require the applicant to pass a written, oral, or practical examination or any combination of such examinations;
(d) Require the applicant to successfully complete additional education;
(e) Require the applicant, if a business, to successfully complete an inspection; or
(f) Take any combination of the actions in this subsection.
(3) On the basis of material submitted by the applicant, the results of any inspection or investigation by the department, and the completion of any requirements imposed under subsection (2) of this section, the department shall (a) deny the application for reinstatement, (b) grant the application for reinstatement, (c) modify the probation, suspension, or limitation, or (d) reinstate the credential subject to limitations or subject to probation with terms and conditions.
(4) The decision of the department shall become final thirty days after mailing the decision to the applicant unless the applicant requests a hearing within such thirty-day period. If the applicant requests a hearing, the department shall mail notice of the date, time, and location of the hearing to the applicant at least thirty days prior to the hearing. Any requested hearing shall be held according to rules and regulations of the department for administrative hearings in contested cases. Any party to the decision shall have a right to appeal. Such appeal shall be in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(5) If the applicant has been afforded a hearing or an opportunity for a hearing on an application for reinstatement within two years prior to filing the current application, the department may grant or deny such application without another hearing.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.