Nebraska Revised Statute 38-1,130
Insurer; report to department; form; confidentiality.
Any insurer shall report to the department, on a form and in the manner specified by the department by rule and regulation, any facts known to the insurer, including, but not limited to, the identity of the credential holder and consumer, when the insurer:
(1) Has reasonable grounds to believe that a person required to be credentialed has committed a violation of the provisions of the Uniform Credentialing Act governing the profession of such person whether or not such person is credentialed;
(2) Has made payment due to an adverse judgment, settlement, or award resulting from a professional liability claim against the insurer, a health care facility or health care service as defined in the Health Care Facility Licensure Act, or a person required to be credentialed whether or not such person is credentialed, including settlements made prior to suit in which the consumer releases any professional liability claim against the insurer, health care facility or health care service, or person required to be credentialed, arising out of the acts or omissions of such person;
(3) Takes an adverse action affecting the coverage provided by the insurer to a person required to be credentialed, whether or not such person is credentialed, due to alleged incompetence, negligence, unethical or unprofessional conduct, or physical, mental, or chemical impairment. For purposes of this section, adverse action does not include raising rates for professional liability coverage unless it is based upon grounds that would be reportable and no prior report has been made to the department; or
(4) Has been requested by the department to provide information.
The identity of any person making such report on behalf of an insurer or providing information leading to the making of such report shall be confidential.
- Laws 1982, LB 421, § 3;
- Laws 1991, LB 456, § 30;
- Laws 1994, LB 1223, § 21;
- Laws 1999, LB 828, § 134;
- Laws 2000, LB 819, § 93;
- R.S.1943, (2003), § 71-1,200;
- Laws 2007, LB152, § 1;
- Laws 2007, LB247, § 62;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 130;
- Laws 2016, LB750, § 8.
- Health Care Facility Licensure Act, see section 71-401.