Nebraska Revised Statute 38-1,129
Insurer; report violation to department; confidentiality.
Unless such knowledge or information is based on confidential medical records protected by the confidentiality provisions of the federal Public Health Services Act, 42 U.S.C. 290dd-2, and federal administrative rules and regulations, as such act and rules and regulations existed on January 1, 2007:
(1) Any insurer having knowledge of any violation of any of the Uniform Credentialing Act governing the profession of the person being reported whether or not such person is credentialed shall report the facts of such violation as known to such insurer to the department; and
(2) All insurers shall cooperate with the department and provide such information as requested by the department concerning any possible violations by any person required to be credentialed whether or not such person is credentialed.
The identity of any person making such report on behalf of an insurer or providing information leading to the making of such report shall be confidential.
- Laws 1982, LB 421, § 2;
- Laws 1994, LB 1223, § 20;
- Laws 1999, LB 828, § 133;
- R.S.1943, (2003), § 71-1,199;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 129;
- Laws 2016, LB750, § 7.