Nebraska Revised Statute 32-330
Voter registration register; public record; exception; examination; lists of registered voters; availability.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (3) of section 32-301, the voter registration register shall be a public record. Any person may examine the register at the office of the election commissioner or county clerk, but no person other than the Secretary of State, the election commissioner, the county clerk, or law enforcement shall be allowed to make copies of the register. Copies of the register shall only be used for list maintenance as provided in section 32-329 or law enforcement purposes. The electronic records of the original voter registrations created pursuant to section 32-301 may constitute the voter registration register. The Secretary of State, election commissioner, or county clerk shall withhold information in the register designated as confidential under section 32-331. No portion of the register made available to the public and no list distributed pursuant to this section shall include the digital signature of any voter.
(2) The Secretary of State, election commissioner, or county clerk shall make available a list of registered voters that contains no more than the information authorized in subsection (3) of this section and, if requested, a list that only contains such information for registered voters who have voted in an election held more than thirty days prior to the request for the list. The Secretary of State, election commissioner, or county clerk shall establish the price of the lists at a rate that fairly covers the actual production cost of the lists, not to exceed three cents per name. Lists shall be used solely for purposes related to elections, political activities, voter registration, law enforcement, or jury selection. Lists shall not be used for commercial purposes.
(3)(a) The Secretary of State, election commissioner, or county clerk shall withhold from any list of registered voters distributed pursuant to subsection (2) of this section any information in the voter registration records which is designated as confidential under section 32-331 or marked private on the voter registration application or voter registration record.
(b) Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (a) of this subsection, a list of registered voters distributed pursuant to subsection (2) of this section shall contain no more than the following information:
(i) The registrant's name;
(ii) The registrant's residential address;
(iii) The registrant's mailing address;
(iv) The registrant's telephone number;
(v) The registrant's voter registration status;
(vi) The registrant's voter identification number;
(vii) The registrant's date of birth;
(viii) The registrant's date of voter registration;
(ix) The registrant's voting precinct;
(x) The registrant's polling site;
(xi) The registrant's political party affiliation;
(xii) The political subdivisions in which the registrant resides; and
(xiii) The registrant's voter history.
(4) Any person who acquires a list of registered voters under subsection (2) of this section shall provide his or her name, address, telephone number, email address, and campaign committee name or organization name, if applicable, and the state of organization, if applicable, and shall take and subscribe to an oath in substantially the following form:
I hereby swear that I will use the list of registered voters of ....... County, Nebraska, (or the State of Nebraska) only for the purposes prescribed in section 32-330 and for no other purpose and that I will not permit the use or copying of such list for unauthorized purposes.
I hereby declare under the penalty of election falsification that the statements above are true to the best of my knowledge.
The penalty for election falsification is a Class IV felony.
(Signature of person acquiring list) .................
Subscribed and sworn to before me this .... day of ........ 20.. .
(Signature of officer) ....................................
(Name and official title of officer) ..........................
(5) The Secretary of State, election commissioner, or county clerk shall provide, upon request and free of charge, a complete and current listing of all registered voters and their addresses to the Clerk of the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska. Such list shall be provided no later than December 31 of each even-numbered year.
(6) The Secretary of State, election commissioner, or county clerk shall provide, upon request and free of charge, a complete and current listing of all registered voters containing only the information authorized under subsection (3) of this section to the state party headquarters of each political party and to the county chairperson of each political party.