Nebraska Revised Statute 14-384
(1) Alley means an established public way for vehicles and pedestrians affording a secondary means of access in the rear to properties abutting on a street or highway;
(2) Boulevard means a street for noncommercial traffic with full or partial control of access, usually located within a park or a ribbon of park-like development;
(3) City means a city of the metropolitan class;
(4) Connecting link means the roads, streets, and highways designated as part of the State Highway System and which are within the corporate limits of a city of the metropolitan class;
(5) Controlled-access facility means a highway or street especially designed for through traffic, and over, from, or to which owners or occupants of abutting land or other persons have no right or easement or only a controlled right or easement of access, light, air, or view by reason of the fact that their property abuts on such controlled-access facility or for any other reason;
(6) Highway means a road or street including the entire area within the right-of-way which has been designated a part of the State Highway System by appropriate authority;
(7) Main thoroughfare means a street primarily for through travel having been determined as such by the city and contained as such in the master plan of the city;
(8) Major traffic street means a street primarily for through traffic and contained as such in the master plan of the city;
(9) Street means a public way for the purpose of vehicular and pedestrian travel in the city and shall include the entire area within the right-of-way; and
(10) Temporary surfacing means surfacing applied to any street, connecting link, controlled-access facility, main thoroughfare, highway, or boulevard wherein it is planned by the city that the grade or surfacing of any such street, link, facility, thoroughfare, highway, or boulevard shall be changed within two years from the date of completion of such temporary surfacing and a permanent grade established or surfacing applied.
- Laws 1959, c. 36, § 1, p. 195;
- Laws 2022, LB800, § 90.
- Operative Date: July 21, 2022
- State highway system, see Chapter 39, article 13.