Nebraska Revised Statute 14-384
(1) Alley shall mean an established public way for vehicles and pedestrians affording a secondary means of access in the rear to properties abutting on a street or highway;
(2) Major traffic street shall mean a street primarily for through traffic and contained as such in the master plan of the city;
(3) City shall mean a city of the metropolitan class;
(4) Connecting link shall mean the roads, streets, and highways designated as part of the State Highway System and which are within the corporate limits of a city of the metropolitan class;
(5) Controlled-access facility shall mean a highway or street especially designed for through traffic, and over, from, or to which owners or occupants of abutting land or other persons have no right or easement or only a controlled right or easement of access, light, air, or view by reason of the fact that their property abuts on such controlled-access facility or for any other reason;
(6) Main thoroughfare shall mean a street primarily for through travel having been determined as such by the city and contained as such in the master plan of the city;
(7) Highway shall mean a road or street including the entire area within the right-of-way which has been designated a part of the State Highway System by appropriate authority;
(8) Boulevard shall mean a street for noncommercial traffic with full or partial control of access, usually located within a park or a ribbon of park-like development;
(9) Street shall mean a public way for the purpose of vehicular and pedestrian travel in the city and shall include the entire area within the right-of-way; and
(10) Temporary surfacing shall mean surfacing applied to any major traffic street, connecting link, controlled-access facility, main thoroughfare, highway, boulevard or street wherein it is planned by the city that the grade or surfacing of any of the aforementioned shall be changed within two years from the date of completion of said temporary surfacing and a permanent grade established or surfacing applied.
- Laws 1959, c. 36, § 1, p. 195.
- State highway system, see Chapter 39, article 13.