Nebraska Revised Statute 13-2035
Applicant for facility permit; exemption from siting approval requirements; when; application; contents.
Any applicant who applies to the department for a permit for a facility pursuant to the Integrated Solid Waste Management Act shall be exempt from the siting approval requirements of sections 13-1701 to 13-1714 if a county, municipality, or agency is to be the owner of the facility and the facility is to be located in a county the unincorporated areas of which are among the areas to be served by such facility or the facility is to be located in the county of a municipality to be served by such facility if such facility will not serve unincorporated areas of a county.
The application of such county, municipality, or agency shall show that the applicant:
(1) Has considered the siting, operational, and traffic criteria established by section 13-1703;
(2) Has given notice of the proposed siting pursuant to the procedures established by section 13-1704;
(3) Has conducted a public hearing regarding the proposed siting preceded by published notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the county or municipality in which the proposed facility is to be located; and
(4) Has submitted a record of such hearing with its application to the department.
- Laws 1992, LB 1257, § 35.