Nebraska Revised Statute 9-229
Chapter 9 Section 229
Proceeding before department; service; security; appeal.
(1) A copy of the order or decision of the department in any proceeding before it, certified under the seal of the department, shall be served upon each party of record to the proceeding before the department. Service upon any attorney of record for any such party shall be deemed to be service upon such party. Each party appearing before the department shall enter his or her appearance and indicate to the department his or her address for the service of a copy of any order, decision, or notice. The mailing of any copy of any order or decision or of any notice in the proceeding to such party at such address shall be deemed to be service upon such party.
(2) At the time of making an appearance before the department, each party shall deposit in cash or furnish a sufficient security for costs in an amount the department deems adequate to cover all costs liable to accrue, including costs for (a) reporting the testimony to be adduced, (b) making up a complete transcript of the hearing, and (c) extending reporter's original notes in typewriting.
(3) Any decision of the department in any proceeding before it may be appealed, and the appeal shall be in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Laws 1983, LB 259, § 54;
- Laws 1984, LB 949, § 60;
- Laws 1985, LB 408, § 38;
- R.S.Supp.,1985, § 9-189;
- Laws 1986, LB 1027, § 30;
- Laws 1988, LB 352, § 14;
- Laws 1988, LB 295, § 15.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.