Nebraska Revised Statute 86-525
Enterprise project; legislative findings.
In addition to the findings in section 86-513, the Legislature also finds that:
(1) The effective, efficient, and cost-effective operation of state government requires that information be considered and managed as a strategic resource;
(2) Information technologies present numerous opportunities to more effectively manage the information necessary for state government operations;
(3) Information technologies are changing and advancing at a very rapid rate, increasing the computing power available to individual users;
(4) The commission should have the responsibility to establish goals, guidelines, and priorities for information technology infrastructure; and
(5) Periodic investments in the information technology infrastructure are required to develop and maintain the foundation for the effective use of information technologies throughout state government.