Nebraska Revised Statute 86-256
Automatic dialing-announcing device; registration required; when; message requirements; liability; filing required.
(1) Any person using an automatic dialing-announcing device other than for telephone solicitations shall register the device with the commission pursuant to the application process, without a fee, and shall include with the application a detailed explanation of the use planned and the message to be used.
(2) All telephone messages transmitted by an automatic dialing-announcing device other than telephone solicitations shall:
(a) At the beginning of the message, state clearly the identity of the person on whose behalf the message is being transmitted;
(b) During or after the message, state clearly the telephone number, other than that of the device which made the call, or address of the person operating the device; and
(c) Transmit messages only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. at the location of the person receiving the message.
(3) This section does not apply to (a) a message from any elementary, secondary, or postsecondary educational institution to any of its students, parents, or employees, (b) a message to a person with whom the person placing the call or the person on whose behalf the message is being transmitted has an established business or personal relationship, (c) a message from an employer advising any of its employees of work schedules, or (d) a message from a political subdivision as defined in section 13-903.
(4) A person contracting with a third party to connect or operate an automatic dialing-announcing device for other than telephone solicitations shall be jointly and severally liable with the third party for connecting and operating the automatic dialing-announcing device in violation of the Automatic Dialing-Announcing Devices Act or the rules and regulations adopted and promulgated under the act.
(5) A person contracting with a third party to connect or operate an automatic dialing-announcing device for other than telephone solicitations shall file with the commission the message to be used within twenty-four hours after the message is transmitted.