Nebraska Revised Statute 85-505.01
Nebraska National Guard; tuition assistance program; limitations; conditions.
(a) More than one thousand two hundred members during any fiscal year; and
(b) Any member who has not exhausted any available federal tuition assistance benefits.
(2) The tuition assistance program prescribed in sections 85-505 to 85-508 shall be available to members of the Nebraska National Guard for a period of ten years, as provided in section 85-505, from the date of initial membership.
(3) Only credit-bearing courses which meet program requirements shall be approved for tuition assistance under sections 85-505 to 85-508. Members shall not receive tuition assistance for any noncredit courses.
(4) If a member of the Nebraska National Guard voluntarily withdraws from a course for which tuition assistance is being received, the member shall be liable for all costs relating to such withdrawal, including, but not limited to, all of the costs billed by the educational institution to the Nebraska National Guard. Reimbursement shall be in accordance with section 72-1601.
(5) Any member of the Nebraska National Guard who receives tuition assistance shall agree in writing to serve in the Nebraska National Guard for three years after the completion of the courses for which tuition assistance was given. Any member who receives tuition assistance may be asked to reimburse the State of Nebraska if any such member leaves the Nebraska National Guard during such three-year period. Reimbursement shall be in accordance with section 72-1601.
(6) The Military Department shall retain the responsibility and authority to establish any limitations and controls it deems necessary to ensure maximum fiscal efficiency and productivity of the tuition assistance program prescribed in sections 85-505 to 85-508.