Nebraska Revised Statute 84-927
Chapter 84 Section 927
Negotiated rulemaking committee; establishment; notice of decision; agency support; termination.
(1) If, after considering comments and applications for membership on the negotiated rulemaking committee submitted pursuant to section 84-926, the agency determines that a negotiated rulemaking committee can adequately represent the interests of the persons that will be significantly affected by a proposed rule and that it is feasible and appropriate in the particular rulemaking, the agency may establish a negotiated rulemaking committee.
(2) If, after considering comments and applications submitted pursuant to section 84-926, the agency decides not to establish a negotiated rulemaking committee, the agency shall notify the persons who commented on or applied for membership on the negotiated rulemaking committee of the reasons for the decision. The agency shall also publish a notice of the decision not to establish a negotiated rulemaking committee in a newspaper having general circulation in the state and, as appropriate, in other newspapers and publications.
(3) The agency shall provide appropriate administrative support to the negotiated rulemaking committee, including technical assistance and support.
(4) A negotiated rulemaking committee shall terminate upon the adoption of the final rule under consideration by the agency pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act unless the agency, after consulting the committee, or the committee itself specifies an earlier termination date.
- Laws 1994, LB 446, § 7.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.