Nebraska Revised Statute 84-133
Chapter 84 Section 133
Governor's Policy Research Office; created; members; Director of Policy Research; appointment; duties; Governor's Policy Research Office Revolving Fund; created; use; investment.
(1) There is created a Governor's Policy Research Office in the executive branch of state government. The Governor's Policy Research Office shall consist of the Governor, a Director of Policy Research who shall be appointed by the Governor and serve at his or her pleasure, and such other employees as are appointed by the Director of Policy Research to achieve the purposes of sections 84-131 to 84-141 and for which adequate funding is available.
(2) The Governor, through the Governor's Policy Research Office, shall encourage coordination of policy development in state government, inquire into the methods of policy and program development in state government, and provide adequate systems of records for policy development purposes and may prescribe the institution and uses of standards for effective state agency policy development.
(3) The Governor may direct any state department, agency, or institution of state government to furnish the Governor's Policy Research Office with such information, personnel, equipment, and services as are necessary to enable it to carry out its responsibilities and duties and to prescribe the terms thereof, including reimbursement of costs thereof, if any.
(4) The Governor shall be permitted to appoint the Director of Policy Research to serve as an ex officio, nonvoting member of any committee, commission, council, or other similar organization of a state agency, department, institution, or group of such bodies that is concerned with planning, research, or policy development. Opportunities for such representation on any public, nonfederal, regional bodies concerned with planning or research and operating wholly or partially within Nebraska shall also be provided when requested by the Governor. The Director of Policy Research may in turn delegate such membership to his or her staff or to an appropriate official of another state agency. The state, interstate, and regional organizations mentioned in this subsection shall make any necessary organizational adjustments to receive the ex officio member if requested to do so by the Governor.
(6) There is hereby created a fund to be known as the Governor's Policy Research Office Revolving Fund. All money credited to the fund shall be used by the Governor's Policy Research Office to enable it to carry out its statutory responsibilities and duties in research and policy development. Any money in the fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.
- Laws 1969, c. 775, § 3, p. 2938;
- Laws 1979, LB 412, § 13;
- Laws 1985, LB 421, § 1;
- Laws 1988, LB 1106, § 2;
- Laws 1995, LB 7, § 143.