Nebraska Revised Statute 83-924
Assistant director; duties, powers, and responsibilities.
Subject to the supervision and approval of the Director of Correctional Services, each assistant director shall have the following duties, powers, and responsibilities:
(1) To coordinate and direct all programs and facilities under his or her jurisdiction;
(2) To select and manage such staff and supervise the operation of such equipment as he or she may require;
(3) To make such revisions to internal systems in each division as may be necessary to promote economy and facilitate maximum utilization of existing correctional services and facilities;
(4) To cause any existing program and facilities to be utilized by or merged with those of any other division in order to provide for greater efficiency or achieve any economic advantage;
(5) To provide the Legislature and the Governor technical assistance, advice, and information concerning administrative operations within his or her division; and
(6) To exercise all powers and perform all duties necessary and proper in carrying out his or her responsibilities.