Nebraska Revised Statute 81-829.38
Chapter 81 Section 829.38
Act, how construed.
Nothing in the Emergency Management Act shall be construed to:
(1) Interfere with the course or conduct of a labor dispute, except that actions otherwise authorized by the act or other laws may be taken when necessary to forestall or mitigate imminent or existing danger to public health or safety;
(2) Interfere with the dissemination of news or comment on public affairs, but any communications facility or organization, including, but not limited to, radio and television stations, wire services, and newspapers, may be required to transmit or print public service messages furnishing information or instructions in connection with a disaster, emergency, or civil defense emergency;
(3) Affect the jurisdiction or responsibilities of police forces, firefighting forces, units of the armed forces of the United States, or any personnel thereof, when on active duty, but state, city, village, county, and interjurisdictional emergency operations plans shall place reliance upon the forces available for performance of functions related to disasters, emergencies, or civil defense emergencies; or
(4) Limit, modify, or abridge the authority of the Governor to proclaim martial law or exercise any other powers vested in him or her under the Constitution of Nebraska or the statutes or common law of this state independent of or in conjunction with any provisions of the Emergency Management Act.
- Laws 1951, c. 315, § 2(2), p. 1074;
- R.R.S.1943, § 81-829.07;
- Laws 1973, LB 494, § 3;
- Laws 1996, LB 43, § 19.