Nebraska Revised Statute 81-829.37
Chapter 81 Section 829.37
Purposes of act.
The purposes of the Emergency Management Act and the policy of the state are to:
(1) Reduce the vulnerability of people and communities of this state to damage, injury, and loss of life and property resulting from natural, technological, or manmade disasters and emergencies, civil disturbances, or hostile military or paramilitary action;
(2) Provide an emergency management system embodying all aspects of preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation;
(3) Clarify and strengthen the roles of the Governor, state agencies, and local governments in the mitigation of, prevention of, preparation for, response to, and recovery from disasters, emergencies, or civil defense emergencies;
(4) Authorize and provide for cooperation and coordination of activities relating to mitigation of, prevention of, preparedness for, response to, and recovery from disasters, emergencies, and civil defense emergencies by agencies and officers of this state and its political subdivisions and similar state, local, interstate, federal-state, and foreign activities in which the state and its political subdivisions may participate;
(5) Assist in mitigation and prevention of disasters, emergencies, and civil defense emergencies caused or aggravated by inadequate planning for and regulation of public and private facilities and land use; and
(6) Provide for the funding of activities incidental to carrying out the purposes of the act.
- Laws 1951, c. 315, § 2(1), p. 1074;
- R.R.S.1943, § 81-829.06;
- Laws 1973, LB 494, § 2;
- Laws 1996, LB 43, § 18.