Nebraska Revised Statute 81-502.04
Chapter 81 Section 502.04
Rules and regulations; enforcement; procedure.
(1) Any order of the State Fire Marshal under the authority granted to him or her by section 81-502 shall be in writing addressed to the owner or person in charge of the premises affected by such order;
(2) If the affected party or organization does not comply with the final order, the State Fire Marshal shall apply to the district court of the county in which the premises are located to obtain court enforcement of the order. The county attorney of the county in which the action is brought shall represent the State Fire Marshal and the action shall be brought in the name of the State of Nebraska and be tried the same as any action in equity; and
(3) If the affected party or organization feels that the order of the State Fire Marshal is not necessary for the safety and welfare of the persons using or to use the premises regarding which the order is made, the party or organization may appeal such order, and the appeal shall be in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Laws 1973, LB 180, § 2;
- Laws 1988, LB 893, § 7;
- Laws 1988, LB 352, § 167;
- Laws 2018, LB889, § 2.
- Effective Date: July 19, 2018
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.