Nebraska Revised Statute 81-3127
Program administration; terms, defined.
(1) Client means an applicant for one or more economic assistance programs or his or her legal representative;
(2) Community-based organization means:
(a) An area agency on aging established pursuant to the Nebraska Community Aging Services Act;
(b) A Nebraska-based community action agency designated under the federal Economic Opportunity Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. 2701 et seq.;
(c) A Nebraska-based center for independent living established under the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. 701 et seq., as such act existed on January 1, 2012;
(d) A Nebraska-based rural health clinic established under the federal Rural Health Clinics Act of 1983, 42 U.S.C. 201 et seq., as such act existed on January 1, 2012;
(e) A Nebraska-based federally qualified health center and rural health clinic as such terms are defined in the federal Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 1395x(aa), as such section existed on January 1, 2012; and
(f) Any other organization that demonstrates to the Department of Health and Human Services that it can comply with the requirements of subsection (2) of section 81-3131;
(3) Economic assistance programs includes aid to dependent children; aid to the aged, blind, and disabled; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; medicaid; child care; emergency assistance; energy assistance; social services block grants; and other similar programs administered by the department; and
(4) Existing local office means all office locations for economic assistance programs of the Department of Health and Human Services that existed on January 1, 2012.
- Nebraska Community Aging Services Act, see section 81-2201.