Nebraska Revised Statute 81-2,288
Department; adopt rules and regulations; contracts with federal agencies authorized; exemptions from act.
(1) The department may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to aid in the administration and enforcement of the Nebraska Pure Food Act.
(2) The department may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to provide for source labeling on eggs which are packaged. The department may establish standards, grades, and weight classes for eggs.
(3) The department may contract with agencies of the federal government for the performance by the department of inspections and other regulatory functions at food establishments, food processing plants, or salvage operations within the state which are subject to federal jurisdiction and may receive federal funds for work performed under such contracts.
(4) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, the provisions of the act shall not apply to establishments or specific portions of establishments regularly inspected for proper sanitation by an agency of the federal government.
- Laws 1981, LB 487, § 38;
- R.S.1943, (1987), § 81-216.34;
- Laws 1991, LB 358, § 57;
- Laws 1997, LB 199, § 60;
- Laws 2017, LB134, § 12.