Nebraska Revised Statute 81-2,181
Honey; Department of Agriculture; adopt standard; label restrictions; violation; remedy or penalty.
(1) It is the intent of the Legislature to provide for an identity standard for packaged food products labeled as honey in order to aid consumer information and to protect the integrity of the honey industry in Nebraska.
(2) The Department of Agriculture shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations that adopt a standard for all honeys produced by honey bees. In promulgating a standard for honey, the department may utilize as a guideline available authoritative references to the composition and grades of honey. Such rules and regulations shall be effective on or before January 1, 2012.
(3) A product shall not be labeled as honey or be labeled as to imply that the product is honey unless the product meets the standard for honey adopted by the Department of Agriculture under subsection (2) of this section.
(4) A violation of subsection (3) of this section shall constitute a deceptive trade practice under the Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act and shall be subject to any remedies or penalties available for a violation under the act.
- Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act, see section 87-306.