Nebraska Revised Statute 81-1356
Chapter 81 Section 1356
(1) Equal employment opportunity shall mean the right of all persons to work and to advance on the basis of merit and ability without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, or physical or mental disability;
(2) Affirmative action shall mean a deliberate and sustained effort to identify and eliminate barriers to employment and advancement which may discriminate against various groups. Particular emphasis shall be focused on racial minorities, women, and the disabled but not to the exclusion of the criteria set forth in subdivision (1) of this section. The ultimate goal is to achieve, at all levels, a state government work force which is representative of the state working population. The composition of the state working population shall be determined annually through reports of the Department of Labor. Such a goal is to be an integral part of every aspect of personnel policy;
(3) Office shall mean the Affirmative Action Office;
(4) Program shall mean the Affirmative Action Program;
(5) Agency shall mean each department, agency, office, board, commission, and committee of the State of Nebraska under the executive authority of the Governor;
(6) Plan shall mean the Affirmative Action Plan prepared by the individual agencies; and
(7) Administrator shall mean the Affirmative Action Administrator.
- Laws 1979, LB 500, § 2;
- Laws 1987, LB 491, § 18.