Nebraska Revised Statute 8-350
Federal savings and loan association; conversion into state association; procedure.
Any federal savings and loan association, having its principal place of business and home office in the State of Nebraska, if permitted by federal law, may convert itself into a state association under Chapter 8, article 3, and amendments thereto, in accordance with the following procedure:
(1) At any regular meeting of the shareholders of any such association, or at any special meeting of the shareholders of such association, in either case called to consider such action and held in accordance with the laws governing such association, such shareholders by an affirmative record vote of the shareholders owning and voting two-thirds of the total number of shares outstanding, present in person or by proxy, may declare by resolution the determination to convert said association into a state association as provided in Chapter 8, article 3, and amendments thereto.
(2) A copy of the minutes of such meeting of the shareholders certified by the president or vice president and the secretary of the meeting, shall be filed within ten days after such meeting in the office of the Department of Banking and Finance, and a copy shall be mailed to the Federal Home Loan Bank Board, Washington, D.C., within ten days after such meeting. Such certified copy of the minutes of such meeting when so filed in the office of the Department of Banking and Finance shall be presumptive evidence that such meeting was held and that it took the action therein set forth.
(3) Within a reasonable time and without any unnecessary delay after the adjournment of such meeting of shareholders, such association shall take all necessary action to comply with requirements of the federal law for conversion to a state association.
(4) At the meeting at which conversion is voted upon, the members shall vote upon and elect in the usual manner the persons who shall be the directors of the state association as provided by sections 8-350 to 8-353; and shall by a majority vote adopt proposed articles of incorporation, constitution, and bylaws to be effective upon conversion into a state-chartered association. The elected directors within a reasonable time and without any unnecessary delay shall sign and acknowledge said proposed articles of incorporation, constitution, and bylaws as subscribers thereto, which shall be filed in the office of the Department of Banking and Finance in compliance with Chapter 8, article 3, and amendments thereto.
(5) The Department of Banking and Finance within a reasonable time following receipt of a verified copy of the minutes of said meeting, and said proposed articles of incorporation, constitution, and bylaws, shall examine the same carefully, and if it finds that the requirements of the provisions of sections 8-350 to 8-353 are satisfied, that said articles of incorporation, constitution, and bylaws conform to the requirements of Chapter 8, article 3, and amendments thereto, and contain a just and equitable plan for the management of the association's business, it shall issue to such association a certificate of its approval of such articles of incorporation, constitution, and bylaws; Provided, that no such certificate of approval shall be issued until a thorough examination into all the books, papers, and affairs of such association has been made by the Director of Banking and Finance, his deputies, or duly appointed examiners and the director, after a careful consideration of such examination, has found said association (a) to be in sound condition, (b) to be conducting its business in a manner conforming to the laws of Nebraska governing state-chartered building and loan associations, (c) is not committed to any obligations or liabilities which a similar association chartered under the laws of Nebraska might not properly incur, and (d) does not carry as assets on its books any assets which a similar association chartered under the laws of Nebraska could not properly so carry. The department shall charge such federal savings and loan association for such examination upon the same basis as charges are made for examination of state associations.
- Laws 1949, c. 7, § 1, p. 65.