Nebraska Revised Statute 8-2504
Violation; cease and desist order; fine.
(1) The Department of Banking and Finance may order any person to cease and desist whenever the Director of Banking and Finance determines that such person has violated section 8-2501 or 8-2502. Upon entry of a cease and desist order, the director shall promptly notify the affected person that such order has been entered and provide opportunity for hearing in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(2) If a person violates section 8-2501 or 8-2502 after receiving such cease and desist order, the director may, following notice and opportunity for hearing in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act, impose a fine of up to one thousand dollars for each violation, plus the costs of investigation. Each instance in which a violation of section 8-2501 or 8-2502 takes place after receiving a cease and desist order constitutes a separate violation.
(3) The director shall remit all fines collected under this section to the State Treasurer for distribution in accordance with Article VII, section 5, of the Constitution of Nebraska. All costs collected shall be remitted to the Financial Institution Assessment Cash Fund.
(4) This section does not affect the availability of any remedies otherwise available to a financial institution.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.