Nebraska Revised Statute 8-1511
Chapter 8 Section 1511
(1) Affiliated bank or thrift institution means (a) if the bank or thrift institution is a subsidiary of a state bank, national banking association, or thrift institution, the parent bank or thrift institution as the case may be and (b) if the bank or thrift institution is a subsidiary of a bank or thrift institution holding company, the principal subsidiary of the holding company which is a bank or thrift institution as the case may be;
(2) Association of banks or thrift institutions means two or more banks or thrift institutions formed for the purpose of acquiring and holding all or substantially all of the voting stock of one credit card bank pursuant to sections 8-1512 and 8-1513;
(3) Bank or banking corporation means the principal office of (a) any national bank doing business in this state, (b) any corporation which is chartered to conduct a bank in this state as provided in the Nebraska Banking Act, (c) any association of banks, (d) a bank holding company as defined in the Nebraska Bank Holding Company Act of 1995, or (e) an out-of-state bank holding company as defined in the Nebraska Bank Holding Company Act of 1995;
(4) Qualifying association means an association, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, or other entity which at all times maintains an office in this state at which it employs at least fifty persons in this state and which pursuant to contract or otherwise offers at least the following services to banks: (a) The distribution, as agent for a bank, of credit cards or transaction cards; (b) the preparation of periodic statements of amounts due under such account; (c) the receipt from credit card or transaction card holders of amounts paid on or with respect to such accounts; and (d) the maintenance of financial records reflecting the status of such accounts from time to time;
(5) Thrift institution means (a) any corporation which is chartered as a building and loan association, savings and loan association, savings bank, or credit union under the laws of the United States, any other state, or the District of Columbia and whose operations are principally conducted outside of Nebraska, (b) any holding company of a thrift institution with subsidiaries whose operations are principally conducted outside of Nebraska, or (c) any association of thrift institutions; and
(6) Transaction card means a device or means used to access a prearranged revolving credit plan account.