Nebraska Revised Statute 79-293
Nebraska Criminal Code violation; principal or principal's designee; notify law enforcement authorities; immunity.
(1) The principal of a school or the principal's designee shall notify as soon as possible the appropriate law enforcement authorities, of the county or city in which the school is located, of any act of the student as provided in subsection (1) of section 79-262 which the principal or designee knows or suspects is a violation of the Nebraska Criminal Code.
(2) The principal, the principal's designee, or any other school employee reporting an alleged violation of the Nebraska Criminal Code shall not be civilly or criminally liable as a result of any report authorized by this section unless (a) such report was false and the person making such report knew or should have known it was false or (b) the report was made with negligent disregard for the truth or falsity of the report.
- Laws 1994, LB 1250, § 42;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-4,205.01;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 97;
- Laws 2018, LB1081, § 3.
- Effective Date: July 19, 2018
- Nebraska Criminal Code, see section 28-101.