Nebraska Revised Statute 79-222
Chapter 79 Section 222
Immunizations; provisional enrollment; conditions.
(1) A student may be provisionally enrolled in a school in Nebraska if he or she meets either of the following qualifications:
(a) The student has begun the immunizations required under section 79-217 and is receiving the necessary immunizations as rapidly as is medically feasible; or
(b) The student is the child or legal ward of an officer or enlisted person on active duty in any branch of the military services of the United States or of his or her spouse, enrolling in a Nebraska school following residence in another state or in a foreign country.
(2) As a condition for the provisional enrollment of a student qualified for such enrollment under subdivision (1)(b) of this section, a parent or adult legal guardian of the student shall provide the school with a signed written statement certifying that the student has completed the course of immunizations required by section 79-217.
(3) The provisional enrollment of a student qualified for such enrollment under subdivision (1)(b) of this section shall not continue beyond sixty days from the date of such enrollment. At such time the school shall be provided, with regard to the student, written evidence of compliance with section 79-217. The student shall not be permitted to continue in school until such evidence of compliance is provided.
- Laws 1993, LB 536, § 111;
- Laws 1994, LB 1223, § 130;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-444.07;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 26.