Nebraska Revised Statute 79-1215
Chapter 79 Section 1215
Reorganized unit; adjusted tax list; contracts or leases; limitation; certificated employee; rights; transfer of records.
(1) Within one year after the date of approval of any plan of reorganization, the county treasurer of each county shall adjust the tax list of the educational service unit in accordance with the changes in boundaries of the educational service units pursuant to sections 79-1206 to 79-1211 so that the uncollected taxes levied upon property that has been transferred to another educational service unit shall when collected be placed to the credit of the reorganized educational service unit to which the property is a part.
(2) The board of every existing educational service unit that is to become reorganized pursuant to sections 79-1206 to 79-1211 shall not employ any person for a term greater than one year. Any contract or lease made by such a governing body is hereby declared to be null and void if it extends for a period greater than one year unless validated by the board of the reorganized educational service unit. This subsection is not inconsistent with and does not negate any rights of any educational service unit certificated employees to continued employment pursuant to sections 79-846 to 79-849 and 79-1234 to 79-1239. The provisions of this subsection do not negate any previously negotiated collective-bargaining agreements between educational service unit certificated employees and the educational service unit covering a period of time greater than one year.
(3) Any certificated employee who, in the year immediately preceding a reorganization, has been employed one-half time or more by an educational service unit which is affected by an approved petition to change educational service unit boundaries shall, upon the effective date of the reorganization of the educational service unit boundaries pursuant to sections 79-1206 to 79-1211, have the option, for purposes of reduction in force, to be considered an employee of either the educational service unit at which he or she has been employed or of the educational service unit which will provide services to the affected school district. If such employee elects to be considered an employee of the educational service unit which will serve the affected school district, the employee shall not lose any right of seniority or tenure status after the transfer. If the certificated employee in the year immediately preceding reorganization is assigned less than one-half time to a school district petitioning or a school district in an educational service unit petitioning for reorganization, then such certificated employee shall continue to be an employee of the educational service unit existing prior to reorganization.
(4) All official records of existing educational service units which are reorganized in whole or in part pursuant to sections 79-1206 to 79-1211 shall be transferred to the office of the Commissioner of Education for storage.
- Laws 1969, c. 746, § 6, p. 2812;
- Laws 1987, LB 688, § 21;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-2204.01;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 932;
- Laws 1998, Spec. Sess., LB 1, § 53.