Nebraska Revised Statute 79-1154
Chapter 79 Section 1154
State Board of Education; review special training and educational programs.
The State Board of Education shall review special training and educational programs offered by or in conjunction with any public school district, combination of public school districts, educational service unit, or combination of educational service units subject to the following:
(1) Each teacher in any such special program shall be qualified;
(2) Teacher aides working with any such program shall have such qualifications as the governing body of the school district, educational service unit, or combination shall prescribe and shall participate in appropriate inservice activities; and
(3) Each qualified teacher shall be responsible for the direct supervision of teacher aides, whose duties shall be limited to those prescribed in section 79-802.
For purposes of this section, qualified teacher means an individual holding a valid State of Nebraska teaching or special services certificate with an endorsement appropriate to the disabilities served. If such teacher is serving children with more than one disability, qualified teacher means an individual holding a valid State of Nebraska teaching or special services certificate with an endorsement in at least one of the disabilities served.
- Laws 1967, c. 246, § 1, p. 650;
- Laws 1972, LB 690, § 12;
- Laws 1973, LB 403, § 15;
- Laws 1974, LB 863, § 4;
- Laws 1976, LB 761, § 4;
- R.S.1943, (1984), § 43-625;
- Laws 1987, LB 367, § 40;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-3340;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 836;
- Laws 1997, LB 346, § 37.
- Special education course work, requirements for entry-level certificate, see section 79-809.