Nebraska Revised Statute 77-2701.13
Engaged in business in this state, defined.
Engaged in business in this state means any of the following:
(1) Maintaining, occupying, or using, permanently or temporarily, directly or indirectly, or through a subsidiary or agent, by whatever name called, an office, place of distribution, sales or sample room or place, warehouse, storage place, or other place of business in this state;
(2) Having any representative, agent, salesperson, canvasser, or solicitor operating in this state under the authority of the retailer or its subsidiary for the purpose of selling, delivering, or taking orders for any property;
(3) Deriving rentals from a lease of property in this state by any retailer;
(4) Soliciting retail sales of property from residents of this state on a continuous, regular, or systematic basis by means of advertising which is broadcast from or relayed from a transmitter within this state or distributed from a location within this state;
(5) Soliciting orders from residents of this state for property by mail, if the solicitations are continuous, regular, seasonal, or systematic and if the retailer benefits from any banking, financing, debt collection, or marketing activities occurring in this state or benefits from the location in this state of authorized installation, servicing, or repair facilities;
(6) Being owned or controlled by the same interests which own or control any retailer engaged in business in the same or similar line of business in this state; or
(7) Maintaining or having a franchisee or licensee operating under the retailer's trade name in this state if the franchisee or licensee is required to collect the tax under the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967.
- Laws 1992, LB 871, § 7;
- Laws 1993, LB 345, § 17;
- R.S.1943, (1996), § 77-2702.06;
- Laws 2003, LB 282, § 17.