Nebraska Revised Statute 77-27,132
Revenue Distribution Fund; created; use; collections under act; disposition.
(1) There is hereby created a fund to be designated the Revenue Distribution Fund which shall be set apart and maintained by the Tax Commissioner. Revenue not required to be credited to the General Fund or any other specified fund may be credited to the Revenue Distribution Fund. Credits and refunds of such revenue shall be paid from the Revenue Distribution Fund. The balance of the amount credited, after credits and refunds, shall be allocated as provided by the statutes creating such revenue.
(2) The Tax Commissioner shall pay to a depository bank designated by the State Treasurer all amounts collected under the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967. The Tax Commissioner shall present to the State Treasurer bank receipts showing amounts so deposited in the bank, and of the amounts so deposited the State Treasurer shall:
(a) For transactions occurring on or after October 1, 2014, and before October 1, 2027, credit to the Game and Parks Commission Capital Maintenance Fund all of the proceeds of the sales and use taxes imposed pursuant to section 77-2703 on the sale or lease of motorboats as defined in section 37-1204, personal watercraft as defined in section 37-1204.01, all-terrain vehicles as defined in section 60-103, and utility-type vehicles as defined in section 60-135.01;
(b) Credit to the Highway Trust Fund all of the proceeds of the sales and use taxes derived from the sale or lease for periods of more than thirty-one days of motor vehicles, trailers, and semitrailers, except that the proceeds equal to any sales tax rate provided for in section 77-2701.02 that is in excess of five percent derived from the sale or lease for periods of more than thirty-one days of motor vehicles, trailers, and semitrailers shall be credited to the Highway Allocation Fund;
(c) For transactions occurring on or after July 1, 2013, and before July 1, 2033, of the proceeds of the sales and use taxes derived from transactions other than those listed in subdivisions (2)(a) and (b) of this section from a sales tax rate of one-quarter of one percent, credit monthly eighty-five percent to the State Highway Capital Improvement Fund and fifteen percent to the Highway Allocation Fund; and
(d) Of the proceeds of the sales and use taxes derived from transactions other than those listed in subdivisions (2)(a) and (b) of this section, credit to the Property Tax Credit Cash Fund the amount certified under section 77-27,237, if any such certification is made.
The balance of all amounts collected under the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967 shall be credited to the General Fund.
- Laws 1967, c. 487, § 132, p. 1636;
- Laws 1969, c. 695, § 1, p. 2692;
- Laws 1969, c. 313, § 2, p. 1130;
- Laws 1971, LB 53, § 9;
- Laws 1972, LB 343, § 23;
- Laws 1975, LB 233, § 2;
- Laws 1976, LB 868, § 1;
- Laws 1984, LB 466, § 5;
- Laws 1986, LB 599, § 23;
- Laws 1986, LB 539, § 3;
- Laws 1987, LB 730, § 30;
- Laws 1989, LB 258, § 11;
- Laws 2003, LB 759, § 22;
- Laws 2006, LB 904, § 4;
- Laws 2007, LB305, § 1;
- Laws 2011, LB84, § 6;
- Laws 2014, LB814, § 11;
- Laws 2015, LB200, § 2;
- Laws 2017, LB331, § 42;
- Laws 2021, LB595, § 10.
- Operative Date: August 28, 2021