Nebraska Revised Statute 76-827
In the declaration and bylaws, unless specifically provided otherwise or the context otherwise requires, and in the Nebraska Condominium Act:
(1) Affiliate of a declarant means any person who controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a declarant. A person controls a declarant if the person (i) is a general partner, member, officer, director, or employer of the declarant, (ii) directly or indirectly or acting in concert with one or more other persons, or through one or more subsidiaries, owns, controls, holds with power to vote, or holds proxies representing, more than twenty percent of the voting interest in the declarant, (iii) controls in any manner the election of a majority of the directors of the declarant, or (iv) has contributed more than twenty percent of the capital of the declarant. A person is controlled by a declarant if the declarant (i) is a general partner, member, officer, director, or employer of the person, (ii) directly or indirectly or acting in concert with one or more other persons, or through one or more subsidiaries, owns, controls, holds with power to vote, or holds proxies representing more than twenty percent of the voting interest in the person, (iii) controls in any manner the election of a majority of the directors of the person, or (iv) has contributed more than thirty percent of the capital of the person. Control does not exist if the powers described in this paragraph are held solely as security for an obligation and are not exercised.
(2) Allocated interests means the undivided interest in the common elements, the common expense liability, and votes in the association allocated to each unit.
(3) Association or unit owners association means the unit owners association organized under section 76-859.
(4) Common elements means all portions of a condominium other than the units.
(5) Common expenses means expenditures made by or financial liabilities of the association, together with any allocations to reserves.
(6) Common expense liability means the liability for common expenses allocated to each unit pursuant to section 76-844.
(7) Condominium means real estate, portions of which are designated for separate ownership and the remainder of which is designated for common ownership solely by the owners of those portions. Real estate is not a condominium unless the undivided interests in the common elements are vested in the unit owners.
(8) Conversion building means a building that at any time before creation of the condominium was occupied wholly or partially by persons other than purchasers and persons who occupy with the consent of purchasers.
(9) Declarant means any person or group of persons acting in concert who (i) as part of a common promotional plan, offers to dispose of his, her, or its interest in a unit not previously disposed of, or (ii) reserves or succeeds to any special declarant right.
(10) Declaration means any instruments, however denominated, that create a condominium, and any amendments to those instruments.
(11) Development rights means any right or combination of rights reserved by a declarant in the declaration to (i) add real estate to a condominium; (ii) create units, common elements, or limited common elements within a condominium; (iii) subdivide units or convert units into common elements; or (iv) withdraw real estate from a condominium.
(12) Dispose or disposition means a voluntary transfer to a purchaser of any legal or equitable interest in a unit, but does not include the transfer or release of a security interest.
(13) Executive board means the body, regardless of name, designated in the declaration to act on behalf of the association.
(14) Identifying number means a symbol or address that identifies only one unit in a condominium.
(15) Leasehold condominium means a condominium in which all or a portion of the real estate is subject to a lease the expiration or termination of which will terminate the condominium or reduce its size.
(16) Limited common element means a portion of the common elements allocated by the declaration or by operation of subsection (2) or (4) of section 76-839 for the exclusive use of one or more but fewer than all of the units.
(18) Offering means any advertisement, inducement, solicitation, or attempt to encourage any person to acquire any interest in a unit, other than as security for an obligation. An advertisement in a newspaper or other periodical of general circulation, or in any broadcast medium to the general public, of a condominium not located in this state, is not an offering if the advertisement states that an offering may be made only in compliance with the law of the jurisdiction in which the condominium is located.
(19) Person means a natural person, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision or agency, or other legal or commercial entity. In the case of a land trust, however, person means the beneficiary of the trust rather than the trust or the trustee.
(20) Purchaser means any person, other than a declarant or a person in the business of selling real estate for his or her own account, who by means of a voluntary transfer acquires a legal or equitable interest in a unit other than (i) a leasehold interest including renewal options of less than twenty years, or (ii) as security for an obligation.
(21) Real estate means any leasehold or other estate or interest in, over, or under land, including structures, fixtures, and other improvements and interests which by custom, usage, or law pass with a conveyance of land though not described in the contract of sale or instrument of conveyance. Real estate includes parcels with or without upper or lower boundaries, and spaces that may be filled with air or water.
(22) Residential purposes means use for dwelling or recreational purposes, or both.
(23) Special declarant rights means rights reserved for the benefit of a declarant to (i) complete improvements indicated on plats and plans filed with the declaration as provided in section 76-846; (ii) exercise any development right pursuant to section 76-847; (iii) maintain sales offices, management offices, signs advertising the condominium, and models pursuant to section 76-852; (iv) use easements through the common elements for the purpose of making improvements within the condominium or within real estate which may be added to the condominium pursuant to section 76-853; (v) make the condominium part of a larger condominium or a planned community pursuant to section 76-858; (vi) make the condominium subject to a master association pursuant to section 76-857; or (vii) appoint or remove any officer of the association or any master association or any executive board member during any period of declarant control pursuant to subsection (d) of section 76-861.
(24) Unit means a physical portion of the condominium designated for separate ownership or occupancy, the boundaries of which are described pursuant to subdivision (a)(5) of section 76-842.
(25) Unit owner means a declarant or other person who owns a unit, or a lessee of a unit in a leasehold condominium whose lease expires simultaneously with any lease the expiration or termination of which will remove the unit from the condominium, but does not include a person having an interest in a unit solely as security for an obligation.
- Laws 1983, LB 433, § 3;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 480.